Why I do NOT drive to The Saint anymoreanymore!

Home Forums General Discussion Why I do NOT drive to The Saint anymoreanymore!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      JohnKuthe…
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 291

https://www.pbs.org/video/climate-change-the-facts-ua6lmf/

I now drive a Nissan Leaf now. 70 miles or so a charge, uses NO gasoline (and hardly any maintenance too), and I converted my house at 3068 Bellerive to ALL ELECTRIC! I had a Spire Gas tech REMOVE the gas meter from my house, and replaced the two A/C units in this house to two high efficiency 3 ton Heat Pumps!

I’m doing all I can to back off the Fossil Fuels I once used so proudly and STUPIDLY!

I’m sorry mother Gaia! I really am!! 🙁

John Kuthe…

mac
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 40

Are you the guy I meet at Aldi’s the other day?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by mac. Reason: Delete
        JohnKuthe…
        Participant

Dunno, I’ve not been to an ALDI in years.

John Kuthe…

Cgagnon
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 41

The rest of us truly appreciate your dedication. Keep it up please!!!

Matt Worobec
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 56

John you should definitely still boat. When you plug in your car, where does that power come from?

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

you should load your boat, drive to the Saint, and then put out your solar panels to recharge your car. Maybe it will take weeks or months, but during that time you can camp out in your car by the river. It could be fun!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by McChuck. Reason: Matt Foley, motivational speaker
      • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by McChuck. Reason: being "35 years old, eating a steady diet of government cheese, thrice divorced, and living in a van down by the river!
        JohnKuthe…
        Participant

My Leaf has a solar panel on it. I have no idea why. Certainly NOT to recharge the traction battery. Maybe to enable it’s tracking functions like a StupidPhone!

OBTW Chuck, you’ll be proud! I went Vegetarian! Two evenings in a row no animals were killed that I might have my sumptuous DINNER! Know anyone who would like the foil wrapped Straub’s Ground Beast burgers? Ot foil packs of sliced B&G ham? I now have no use for them!

John Kuthe…

JohnKuthe…
      Participant

And I am SO GLAD I never BOUGHT and PAID FOR one of those STUPIDPHONE SPY DEVICES!!

I do have a $5/mo little flip phone normally in the OFF state for any time I DO need a mobile phone. $5 for 80min/mo I hardly ever use!

I don’t think people even have a CLUE about the data on them being sucked out of all those evil “Smart” devices! I bought and READ Shoshana Zuboff’s book “Surveillance Capitalism and Democracy” and it scared me to death! Why would a Nest security system have a MICROPHONE in it? 20:20mins in the video!

I would pay $20 to smash a Nest security device into silicon SHARDS! I hate Surveillance Capitalism so much! We are LIVING in Orwell’s “Brave New World” as happy as well trained sheep! 🙁

John Kuthe…

Vincent Swoboda
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 23

John,

I do not care  how you get to the Saint just get there and go paddle!

Vince

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart