Trail D to MS question

Home Forums General Discussion Trail D to MS question

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

Maybe someone can answer this for me if i was to bring my mountain bike how long does it take to ride the trail back up to MS? and is it a complicated trail? Never walked it in full? Just wondering of we dont have a shuttle back up just to ride my bike up thanks for your time sorry to bother ya’ll bout it.

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

I do not advise it. The trail only takes about 45 minutes to walk at a good pace.

The brochure at Millstream states; horseback riding and bicycle riding allowed only on roads where vehicles are allowed.

I do not think that MO dept conservation would appreciate biking thru the trail.

jacobsviper
      Participant

Hey thanks jerry! I didnt know you couldnt bike up it thanks again for the info its good to know how long it takes to walk it back up thats for sure. the first time I came to the saint I tried walking the road back up wow what a walk that was luckly josh gave me a ride when I was half way there lol!

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

I have biked it many times- it is two track over all the MDC portion- which I interpret as Legal- and I also got into a conversation with a ranger who admonished me for riding, and told me he’d call me after talking to his boss if it was illegal. NO CALL. The Silvermines national park portion is single track- but to my knowledge it is legal. Di and I have not only tried to maintain the federal portion, but have made changes which the park service then adopted. The MDC is a totally different animal with often 180 degree views on even their own policies!
      Now let’s talk about conditions- very slick and dangerous + sloggy muddy in places due to all the rain. I would not recommend it for this weekend. However, once the river is down and dry days set in- I find it to be a challenging and enjoyable ride.
      Let’s do it this August!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by McChuck. Reason: I scream, you scream, we all scream...then the police come- it's awkward
      jacobsviper
      Participant

Thanks chuck yes im def in for august for sure! Im always up for new challenges!

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

I was just quoting the printed brochure that the public is given.

Depending on which conservation agent, ranger or law enforcement officer a person would encounter, (the phase of the moon, their mood, their political views and time of day), could have deferent results. I would think that in worst case scenario- a judge would revert back to the printed statement.

I have no legal knowledge, just a common sense thought.

ps Both info stands at the 2 Millstream parking lots are out of pamphlets, but the info is posted, and I have 1 or 2 extras with me.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by crazyjerry.
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

I think Jerry makes the best point of all regarding MDC. It depends on the officer you meet up with.LOL
      The one I met who promised to call if it was “illegal” and didn’t, was spraying very concentrated weed killer, next to the river to “eradicate” invasive species…. and as I ran the trail a few days ago- I noticed a huge autumn olive, chock full of berries, right next to the bridge over the creek, as well as everything else, growing everywhere…..

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by McChuck. Reason: If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't been in a tent with a mosquito
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart