Report from the Saint

Home Forums General Discussion Report from the Saint

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

This weekend is going to be super. The river will be up. Sunny Saturday with a high of 60. Partly sunny Sunday with a high close to 70. The water is ice-melt cold however. I use the 100 degree rule- add water temperature and air temp and if it’s below 100 degrees, seriously consider a dry suit.

Also the buzzards (female) arrived yesterday. Hundreds of them flying and circling in the air. A huge flock.

Beavers are munching on trees at MS. I wonder if there’s any way we can induce them to eat trees on river right?

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by McChuck. Reason: If you kayak cl-IV-V....do you REALLY need to worry about cholesterol?
      crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

Chuck, love the forecast.

“report from the saint” did not include actual level, or indication that the Roselle gage is correct (or close)?

I hiked in river right last week, heard the beavers working just upstream of Hollywood beach again.

syotr, crazy jerry

ps. my hated of cold means that I will be in a dry suit at a # much higher than the 100 that you mentioned

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by crazyjerry.
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Yeah- number wise I’m more apt to go with 90 degrees just because I don’t like drysuits- but today at 20 inches, I knew I’d be in the water a lot so I wore one (32degrees + 45 degrees= 77 degrees.)

BTW the gauge and Roselle are matching 100 % right now- why I do not know- but there was a big log up at roselle and it may be gone now.

There is also still a LOT of snow in the mountains. That should really slow down the river drop.

Early run for me tomorrow-

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by McChuck. Reason: My mom gave me a REAL appreciation of how SLOW time can pass...."Just wait until your father gets home...."
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart