Report From the Saint

Home Forums General Discussion Report From the Saint

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

While I did not see the gauge at D bridge, I  would say the level today was -3″ by my entrance rocks gauges. The water itself must be several degrees above 32 F  because I broke off some huge ice sheets and they pretty much melted away before they got to the end of their pools. The river is open and I suspect it will remain so for tomorrow.

Di and I are planning on going, probably HOD.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by McChuck. Reason: I think I'm in a parallel universe....but I must be diagonally parked
      cataraftcoop
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 85

Matt may not come Ill be there still HOD

cataraftcoop
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 85

change in plans Matt coming do 2 runs meeting Millstream at 10am anyone else interested ?

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

the level at D was -3 at 1 pm, temp was 32 deg.

I had to break the ice shelf off to see the gauges.

road to D bridge has snow pack from traffic, it is glazing from the freeze -thaw cycles

I did not check at millstream, but the back side road above mud creek would have been iffy in a 2 wheel truck

be safe out there

crazy jerry

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

It was very cold last night. I would worry a slight bit about pools being iced over- but I’d bet they aren’t.

I’m looking at HOD at noon for a predicted balmy 38 deg.

The N-S pools are definitely still frozen over (72).

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by McChuck. Reason: I'm such a lousey cook my cats have only three lives left
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart