MWA PICNIC 11-12 SEPT!

Home Forums General Discussion MWA PICNIC 11-12 SEPT!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Missouri Whitewater
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 62

Put it on your calendar.  Details coming soon!

Louis Becker
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 25

We are three weeks away from our annual club picnic and meeting. It will be held at the Silvermines campground and pavilion this year, starting Friday night, September 11 and go to Sunday morning.  We will hold a socially distant event, so bring your masks.

We have reserved the group camp site both nights and the pavilion on Saturday.  You are encouraged to also reserve your own additional campsites at Recreation.gov.

We will have a catered meal Saturday evening, followed by the meeting.  Tickets will have to be purchased from the MWA Store on the MWA website to give us an accurate count for the number of meals to prepare, but the club will supplement a portion of the cost, and we plan to have a vegan option.  We will also provide liquid refreshments.

Maybe the Saint will be up!  But in addition to hiking opportunities, there is also the opportunity to float the Black River near Lesterville.

Additional details will follow as we know more.

Scott Becker, MWA club president

Richard Spener
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 42

Are we going to set up for individual meals rather than a buffet?  Buffets are frowned on for fear of spreading the virus.

Missouri Whitewater
      Participant

Yes, individual meals; no buffet.  The caterer is going to serve 8-10 plates at a time, and participants will come up & pick up a plate.  This worked fine at the Clinic, when 90 people were served safely.

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

hello MWA picnic people.

I hope I can trade a pickup load of split campfire wood (cedar, maple, etc.) for 2 meal tickets?

Also, you should contact me about buying a bulk load of hardwood for our event. I do NOT sell small amounts to separate campers -Campground Jim has good wood at a fair price- but I could deliver a rank to the group site. If this is an option, let me know in advance.

thanks,

crazy jerry

Missouri Whitewater
      Participant

Crazy Jerry –

You have a deal!  Firewood for 2 meal tickets.  You are on the list.  Thank you!

– MWA picnic people

Missouri Whitewater
      Participant

THIS WEEK!

Today is the last day to sign up (we have to tell the caterer how many are coming).  SIGN UP NOW!

JulieAlsberge
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

Is it possible to get one more meal ticket?

Missouri Whitewater
      Participant

turning off registration at noon, so yes, you still have about an hour!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart