Mo' Creekin website

Home Forums General Discussion Mo' Creekin website

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      George
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 230

Is the website no more? The link I have saved in my favorites is no longer working.

Matt Worobec
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 56

http://boatrboy.com/mocreekin/  I am looking at it.

chris
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 24

http://mocreekin.com/ is back up.

I accidentally let the domain expire. Didn’t think anyone looked at that old site anymore.

-Chris

George
      Participant

Wahoo! I visit it quite a bit; usually to see if potential creek runs are listed. Thanks, Chris!

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

I could not pull it up.

Was curious if some of the newer firsties were on it= Upper Big River, Upper, Upper Big Creek.

Still waiting for someone to do Rocky Falls……..

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by McChuck. Reason: College of hard knocks #54. A chic flick on TV, a good wine, and an extended foot massage generally ameliorates all the stupid stuff you did last week
      mac
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 40

Anyone know info about Cedar Creek near Caledonia?

McChuck
      Participant

As far as I know, neither Cedar nor Reid have been done- however- be aware that these runs go thru farms with barbed wire and maybe less than accommodating landowners. When we did Brewers Creek, we did not ask, just did a Seal launch out of the back of a van, pre-dressed, ready to go, and were gone by the time a police car arrived. There are even more landowners around today. Luckily about 200 yards, and two fences, we were in national forest. LOL

Do your homework if you are going to attempt it.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by McChuck. Reason: Hard knock college lesson #45. If you are always the one who is asked to take the group picture
      George
      Participant

Thats funny Cedar Creek is mentioned. Ive been hunting out that way for the past couple months and pass over Cedar Creek every time. Looks like theres a boulder garden or something really close to the bridge.

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

Has anyone done McKenzie Creek at Lon Sanders Canyon in Piedmont? Looked like it’d be pretty cool with a lot of water

Bill Fordyce
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 33

Lots of times–talk with the Piedmaont Paddlers. Nice run.

John Tansil
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 206

KentE and his Piedmont Posse have multiple runs on Mackenzie. Dennis, Michelle, me have paddled it.  It is a fun creek run.  Should scout it first. Dennis avatar shows him at the top of toughest drop …. what happened to him at the bottom of the drop is why Michelle and I changed our line 🙂

Many of Missouri steep creeks have only been run once, twice, or none at all.  Like Chuck says, accessibility is a real issue.

chris
      Participant

I updated http://mocreekin.com/ this weekend. It still needs help, but should be a little better now.

If anyone has any creekin’ stories or pictures to share, I’d be happy to add them to the site.

-Chris

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by chris.
      McChuck
      Participant

Chris, how would you like us to submit add’l stories/reports.?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by McChuck. Reason: Think about Juries- these are people not smart enough to get out of jury duty
      chris
      Participant

Email me: amelungc @ gmail DOT com

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart