This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mac 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author

mac
    Participant

Can anyone provide any information about access at the new bridge location over middle Stouts? Is there a better opportunity to access the stream from hwy 72?

Cgagnon
    Participant

There used to be a tiny parkig/put in on the right past the bridge.  I assume it is unchanged.

DaggerDan
    Participant

Actually that little parking lot is gone last time I drove by with the new bridge. I’m not sure where you’d park now.

DaggerDan
    Participant

You could park here I guess and add just a bit more to the run. At high levels, I cant imagine it would take very long.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/GHMgDk9XWhd879tE9

McChuck
    Participant

We go up D and park along the gravel road by that lake. We enter where the lake run-off enters Stout’s.

Please be aware that there are some sizeable downed trees just upriver from the low water bridge.

Do not park at the low water bridge- that is private property and they care.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  McChuck.

mac
    Participant

So the small parking area/overlook is gone?

McChuck
    Participant

Gone

mac
    Participant

Thank you all for the info. I just wanted a short run while my wife was looking for small granite boulders with crystals and mica in the area. Any suggestions where to find those? Material supply companies here in the STL area have stuff labeled as Royal Gorge. I know that location but never looked for the granite mix there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.