Middle Stouts Access

Home Forums General Discussion Middle Stouts Access

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      mac
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 40

Can anyone provide any information about access at the new bridge location over middle Stouts? Is there a better opportunity to access the stream from hwy 72?

Cgagnon
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 41

There used to be a tiny parkig/put in on the right past the bridge.  I assume it is unchanged.

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

Actually that little parking lot is gone last time I drove by with the new bridge. I’m not sure where you’d park now.

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

You could park here I guess and add just a bit more to the run. At high levels, I cant imagine it would take very long.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/GHMgDk9XWhd879tE9

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

We go up D and park along the gravel road by that lake. We enter where the lake run-off enters Stout’s.

Please be aware that there are some sizeable downed trees just upriver from the low water bridge.

Do not park at the low water bridge- that is private property and they care.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by McChuck.
      mac
      Participant

So the small parking area/overlook is gone?

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Gone

mac
      Participant

Thank you all for the info. I just wanted a short run while my wife was looking for small granite boulders with crystals and mica in the area. Any suggestions where to find those? Material supply companies here in the STL area have stuff labeled as Royal Gorge. I know that location but never looked for the granite mix there.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart