Green River Triple Crown

Home Forums General Discussion Green River Triple Crown

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      CJW4D
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 313

Yeeehaaawww!  Levi and I met up for a weekend of paddling in Asheville;  We had been itching to step up our creekin’ game and attempt to run the big 3 on the Narrows;

While I have many laps down this run, prior to this trip, I had only tackled one of the big boys (Sunshine @ highflow; not the same sketch factor as when it is regular flow)

One the first lap, we both opted to run Go Left, but leave Gorilla and Sunshine for another lap, preferably when we had a crew…

Day 2 provided in a big way;  We linked up with a big crew, one thing led to the next, before we knew it, we had Pat Keller showing us the lines down Gorilla and Sunshine.

All in all, one of the best trips I have had in that gorge;  Super stoked to have finally had the confidence to charge hard and give that river a run without portaging!

Here is a clip below of some of the better lines!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by CJW4D.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by CJW4D.
      DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

Awesome,,,, just awesome. You seriously have the dream life. Pat Keller is such an great guy. It was cool paddling with him when he came to the Saint last summer.

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Great video- nice to run the narrows again with you (in my mind). What is the rapid at 3:16? I don’t recognize it at all.

Levi Rhodes
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 125

Chuck-

the slot sliding at 3:15 was the typically portaged “Nutcracker.”  We saw pat sneakily drop through some slots and decided we’d be dumb enough to follow. It worked out, and it was neat to not have to portage anything that day. 🙂

jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

Thats awesome to have had pat show u down the runs one day ill be good enough to go down it and hopefully find someone there to show me down 🙂 congrats awesome video!

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Levi- is that the one around power slide? Didn’t even know it was runnable. (I certainly never have- but I’ve never run sunshine either).

CJW4D
        Participant

Correct;  It is the jumble immediately below Rapid Transit (the last, longest slide)

mac
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 40

Wow, really miss WNC and runs like the Narrows, Linville and the Horse. Had a good 20 years living in Asheville before coming back to the Midwest.

CJW4D
      Participant

Thanks y’all;  The MWA lit my fire and there has been no lookin’ back since!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart