WW Rafting Trip

Home Forums General Discussion WW Rafting Trip

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      kellyurbas
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 23

I have been asked to put together a rafting trip for my son’s HS football team.  We will be in Dalton Ga. in July.   I was thinking Ocoee, it seems to be the obvious river.  However, anyone have another suggestion or idea of another river in that area I should look at?     Thanks for the help!!

WillPaddle
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 69

You can’t go wrong with to Ocoee.  Its a great trip.  Too bad you are not further East.  The Chattooga is one of the most scenic rivers in the Eastern US.  It is about 2.5 hrs from Dalton.  Also If you are just wanting to see a beautiful canyon and a 30 foot waterfall, you could head west to Fort Payne AL and go to Little River Canyon. It’s only 1.5 hrs away.  No rafting there, but the Canyon and the view of the River is second to none in that area.  Take the Canyon river road around the north side of the river.  Lots of overlooks, rock climbing, side creeks that pour into the canyon.  You can even hike down to the river.  I would go there even if I wasn’t paddling it is that beautiful.  The kind of stuff you just don’t see in the Midwest.  Hope you have a great trip.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart