Werner Desperado Paddle

Home Forums Gear Reviews Werner Desperado Paddle

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

Does anyone have any experience with the Werner Desperado paddle? It gets good reviews for the price. I think I may get it next paycheck unless someone tells me otherwise.

Sheldon Dale
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 51

I have an old Desperado that I keep for a backup, but I switched to the Powerhouse. To me the Powerhouse just seems to have better “purchase” on the water than the Desperado, especially when rolling. I assume it’s because the Powerhouse has a stiffer blade. I’ve heard other people say they don’t think there is much difference between the two, but if I had to buy a new paddle, I’d hold out for one with a fiberglass blade (like the Powerhouse.)

I don’t have any experience with the more expensive foam core paddles, but I know a lot of good paddlers like them.

DaggerDan
      Participant

Well I appreciate your input and replying but you’re a day late unfortunately. I ordered one yesterday since I sold my other boat. Got it for $143 from austinkayak. I realize its not the best but a huge step from what I had.

Shawn Rackley
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2

my girlfriend and i both have a desperado paddle. i have been using mine for several months. for the price you cant beat it. i think u will be pleased

DaggerDan
      Participant

Cool good to hear. I got to use mine in a pool rolling last week and it helped my roll big time. I can now do a left and right handed roll

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

Hey Dan,

It is good to have a roll on both sides

You are lucky that you were able to roll practice in a pool.

Can I ask where?

Is it a pool that would be open to others?

I am jealous, I would love to have a warm pool to practice in.

Currently, my roll practice is called rolling out of bed and landing on my feet,

(as apposed to going “thud” or landing on my head)

DaggerDan
      Participant

JohnT and I, plus a few others have been goin to the Semo aquatic center the last 3 weeks. Its wonderfully warm. Hes the leader so I guess ask him?

CJW4D
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 313

Dan,
      I rock the Desperado; The first, and only paddle I have used since getting into boating. Slapped some airbrush on it for some bright color and the damn thing just keeps coming back for more…

I have yet to find it in me to pay the asking price for the nicer carbon / fiberglass blades on an item that is likely to be lost at some point. (especially with my habitual ritualistic swimming routine)

It’ll treat you well!

DaggerDan
      Participant

Man thats good to hear Chris. I cant wait to try it out down the Saint hopefully next week.

DaggerDan
      Participant

So far so good with this paddle. I’ve been down the river 3 times now and I love it. I don’t have experience with other paddles but I’d say its def worth the money.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart