Tuesday 1 pm

Home Forums General Discussion Tuesday 1 pm

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Not to cut into the 8:30 action- but I am not a fan of the river at 6″.
      Some of us are planning a 1 pm trip and hopefully catch the rising crest.
      Hope it goes to 15″ again!

• This topic was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by McChuck. Reason: Marriages may be made in heaven- but so is thunder and lightning- Eastwood
      JohnKuthe…
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 291

I’m gonna take what Mother Nature serves!

Jason Robinson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 88

Can’t get out of work, but plan to come over right after.  Be there around 6 if anyone is up for a late run.

JohnKuthe…
      Participant

Chuck, I think you got your wish!! 🙂

Bilbo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 159

Nate squared, Nat and I will be down around noon and hopefully the four of us will catch folks on second runs along with Chuck and Di.

McChuck
        Participant

Delay to 1 Bilbo…Cody and I would love to paddle with you all. (Di is working nights/sleeping days.)

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by McChuck. Reason: bluetooth or schizophrenia- the question of the decade!
        Bilbo
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 159

More like 1 actually

McChuck
      Participant

Yeah!
      Still going up- but remember, the level reading at 72 takes at least 2 hours to get to MS.
      Yesterday I put in on the crest at 72 and rode it down, and even though I was going really slow and enjoying the solitude and nature (eagles and egrets, turtles, water snakes, etc.) I still had to wait a bit for dbl drop to go to 15″.
      So it’s 9:15 now- the 15″ that registers now, will not be at MS until 11….and if it peaks higher…..icing on the st fran cake!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by McChuck. Reason: If I learned anything from Peter Pan- it's okay for your dog to watch the kids while you go out and party!
      JohnKuthe…
      Participant

The Saint is truly a majical river! 🙂

Let’s go boating!! 🙂

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

Got on the river at 9am at 3″ and got off at 11:30ish and it was 10″. Keep rising Saint.

McChuck
      Participant

What a day! There were so many people on the river I kept thinking it was Saturday.
      Strange levels thru the day…12″ at cat’s paw, but double drop went into 15 inches, then by take-out at 5 pm it was 11 inches.
      We’ll try it again tomorrow- D at 1 pm.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by McChuck. Reason: As TV's have become flatter, people have become rounder...whatgives?
      Jason Robinson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 88

Should have posted last night, but D Bridge was ~6 inches at 8:45 last night.  Me and Eric had the entire river to ourselves.  Too bad we missed everyone, but still the best day ever!

Casara Heaton
      • Preferred Boat: Kayak
      • Years Paddling: 15
      • Total Posts: 139

Whoa, I missed boating with the famous John Kuthe!  Thank you all for boating with Colleen yesterday and showing her how the pros of the MWA roll, she told me she had a great time and is looking forward to learning how to get better and better on rivers like the St. Francis.  This is why this organization is great – new people can come in and hang with some of the best.

BobTucker
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 41

It was a wonderfully surreal day with the changing water levels. My wife just laughs now when I say it’s
      the last day of the paddling season.

JohnKuthe…
      Participant

I’m not one of the pros, I didn’t even flip!

Colleen looked epic! Hit every roll, no swims, and styled a number of things!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart