Total Solar Eclipse in Missouri

Home Forums General Discussion Total Solar Eclipse in Missouri

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Will be in Missouri, with the greatest duration being very close to Cape Girardeau. August 21st, 1 year from now. Let’s have a party at JohnT’s house. (oops, maybe we better ask him first).

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by McChuck. Reason: College of Hard Knocks lesson #7. The closest thing to Hell must be a viciously overcrowded parkway in Phoenix in August
      Jason Robinson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 88

I hear Perryville Chamber of Commerce is planning an Eclipse event at the Perryville Airport in the Mississippi river bottoms.  It may be pretty crowded with school kids.

Here’s a couple interesting links:

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/in_the_path.htm#MISSOURI

FACEBOOK PAGE:  @solareclipseperryco

BART GULSHEN
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6

This site is great for planning your location for viewing the event. I plan to have several locations in my bag for best possible chance of clear skies. Depending on the latest 3 day forecast I will travel to the best one to set up. This is truly an astronomical display you do not want to miss. Folks from all over the world will be in the mid US to see this. Statistically Wyoming has the best chance for clear skies on August 21. Road trip ?

http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_2017_GoogleMapFull.html

Clear skies,
      Bart

Alan Peterson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 42

I intend to show up on the courthouse steps in Cape Girardeau with a goat, a sacrificial knife, a big brass pot, and a sign that says, “If you want to see the sun again, put all you cash in the pot.”

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart