The Turkey Creek Triangle

Home Forums General Discussion The Turkey Creek Triangle

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

John T had a mission today to find a trail to Turkey Creek. With the help of GPS he did make it to the head waters, but did not navigate a decent path. I happened to hike up and meet him as he got back to the river trail. He immediately started going the wrong way on the trail, going to Turkey Creek instead of MS where he was parked…..

Without the sun, I too have become completely disorientated in this area. One afternoon a group of us tried twice to reach Turkey Creek in overcast conditions, and each time did a huge 360 degree circle, being quite surprised and perplexed when we found ourselves back on the trail or near the Saint. To top it off, it took a concerted mental effort to figure out which way on the trail we should go. On that day some of us gave up, but some tried a third time….and failed.

With the sun out- I walk straight to Turkey creek, but when it’s overcast with no sun, I end up back on the trail even though I use tree to tree straight line navigating.

From now on I’m bringing a GPS!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by McChuck. Reason: Scientests have determined that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet/second, is a cow that has been dropped from a helicopter- Dave Barry
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart