the race program

Home Forums General Discussion the race program

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      George
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 230

I just wanted to say the special program given out this year is fantastic! Beautifully put together; with some really good facts/info inside. I had never seen what the Tiemann’s home looked like before and will now have to look for the remains of Elmer’s boat graveyard, ect. Such a great read!

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

We have copies of the Commemorative Program remaining after the race.  If you didn’t get one, you can order them from the MWA Store at: https://missouriwhitewater.org/shop/  (if it isn’t showing up yet, check again soon).

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Speaking of the Tiemann house – on the MWA archive CD, we have at least a dozen pictures of the house, as well as pictures off Elmer’s Ozark Village buildings.  They were part of a slide presentation that Elmer gave to an MWA Race Banquet many years ago.

We’ll work on getting all those pictures on the website over the next few months.  Just didn’t have time to get it done ahead of the Race.

John Tansil
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 206

If I ever get my act together ….. I took a movie of Elmer’s Broken Boat Museum and a movie of a paddler coming downstream with Elmer’s house in the background.

Brian Shipman
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 13

I too was very impressed with it.  Very slick layout and chalked full of stories. I’ve placed it near the toilet so I can read each and every article when the time comes.

BRS

WillPaddle
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 69

The race coordination and volunteers were outstanding.  BUT, the race program, which I didn’t even seen until i got home, was icing on the cake.  Bling and Company did an outstanding job.  What a great way to commemorate everyones hard work over the years.  I read it cover to cover and then looked at all the photos again and again.  The individual boater stories were also incredibly interesting.  Well done by all.

Will

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by WillPaddle.
      TakeAHike
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 170

I totally agree! I finally had some free time to read through it and I’m loving all of the personal stories. Great job.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart