The "Jim" Gage

Home Forums General Discussion The "Jim" Gage

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

This popped up to my thinking. It seems obvious that there is a reason that the most watched gage in SE Missouri, is being taken out. Methinks extortion is in the works, ie asking the MWA to pay for such gage. I think it would be far cheaper if we gave JIM something to post relevant info on our board. I suspect this will be much cheaper than anything the government can come up with.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by McChuck. Reason: McHenry school of hard knocks #2. Flipping your wallet open and saying "Scotty, Beam me up quick" does NOT amuse the Texas Highway Patrol
      Kathleen Pszonka
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 113

I think that is an excellent idea. Jim

is reliable, the Roselle gauge wasn’t. How does he feel about posting on the board for us? I’m willing to chip in. Beats driving 1.5 hrs to find no water. Kathy

Alan Peterson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 42

A couple years ago, I got word USGS was going to remove the St. Francis River gauge at Hwy E, which I use to get an idea of levels near my weekend cabin. I sent emails to my senators and congressmen, and to the USGS. I explained why I, and others, needed and relied on the gage, and explained the safety aspects of the gauge. I got responses from most of the legislators and within two weeks I got an email from USGS saying they were not going to remove the gauge. I encourage everyone to send emails to legislators and USGS.

The gauge at Hwy E is still operating.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart