Spring Clinic Question

Home Forums General Discussion Spring Clinic Question

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mac
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 40

I have two friends who are wanting to participate in the 2022 whitewater clinic but have no inclination of paddling anything beyond the Saint. They are more interested in fishing small creeks and paddle Crescent Light Tackle sit-on tops.

My question is whether those crafts are suitable to be able to participate in the clinic.

Thanks.

JulieAlsberge
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

To learn whitewater skills you need a whitewater boat. Then you can apply the techniques to other paddling vessels. But learning them Is best in the whitewater specific boats. I would not be happy teaching someone the skills in a fishing boat. They do not respond the same

JohnKuthe…
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 291

I took my first MWA clinic in my Kiwi Kopapa. It’s a Recreational Kayak but I had a skirt for it. So they allowed it.

John Kuthe, used to kayak, a LOT! 🙂

Jo Newbold
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 58

Hi Mac. For 2022 we will have a beginner class on flatwater for first-timers.  Lets call it “WW101”.  Most people taking the Spring Clinic get WW101 in a pool class but we had an instructor offer this option on flatwater near the Saint.

Registration will open Feb 1 and close April 1 for the May 14-16th, 2022 clinic.  If they register make sure they understand that ww boats and gear is required!!

JoJo

2022 Clinic Director

Thanks,

JoJo

2022 WW Clinic Director

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart