Sorry, no drones

Home Forums General Discussion Sorry, no drones

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Sorry folks, but I was reminded that drones are not allowed in Conservation areas.  The state has not resolved the legal & privacy issues related to drone use on government property.  Please do not use drones at the races.  We have a Special Use Permit to operate the races at Millstream Gardens, and we want to continue to be able to do that!  Thanks!!

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Shoot! I was hoping we could see an eagle get one!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by McChuck. Reason: Finally the time change! Now all my car clocks are right again!
      jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

Sorry guys if my quad-copter “drone” as people like to call them. Has caused an issue.. Lets take a moment to let me describe what a drone is compared to a rc quad-copter.. A drone is a military aid to spy on or to cause destruction to an enemy and or to collect classified information that other countries failed to communicate with United States! they are spys…drones are spys. Now a rc quad copter (4 bladed video tool or a mans toy) on the other hand is a videographers and cinematographers dream come true! with the amazing views you can get from the air as I already shown in the video of Levi’s run. I am licensed to fly certified to fly and an excellent pilot, all I was doing was trying to get some good views from the air for individuals that wanted to get some. Again I do apologize for those who are reading this. The MWA has nothing to do with me flying. As I am a paid member of the MWA I fly this quad-copter solo. Mwa has not willing let me fly I flew last year on my own free will that im entitled to . I will not be at the race with the quad-copter with my respect for the mwa and the members, and again I do apologize for any inconvenience or controversial issues that you all may have had. by the way if need be and if this circumstance ever comes up which I hope it never ever does but if someone gets lost feel free to contact me as I can fly over the wooded area the rivers, the condensed woods, the dangerous areas where man could not hardly walk through. in hopes to be able to find the missing person or missing animal. Or even missing kayak! thank you for taking your time to listen to my rant and again I’ll see y’all at the races 🙂

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

No worries Jacob!  Sorry to use the “d”-word.  Love the videos; want to see more.

We were supposed to call them UAVs at McBoeing…  🙂

jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

Haha yes thats a better Description of it.. and again ill be at races early jw! I wanna help with set up on the gates and see how they are done! I did try to get there last weekend but since im going to be gone all race weekend I couldnt validate it with my family so I stayed home 🙂 also jody and I are going to be helping with boat safety on water early sat to help out then off to the downriver race!! Thanks again for letting me be a part of the MWA which has incredibly awesome members in it 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart