Report from the Saint (44-24)

Home Forums General Discussion Report from the Saint (44-24)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

The level at D when I left at 7 pm was 10″. However that is quite IRRELEVANT for the weekend. While I was doing my second run at a blase’-blase’ level on the Saint- Ironton was getting pounded- over 1″ of rain and Stout’s is at the bridge level. Eric Roush was in Libertyville and reports they got a cloudburst. Sorry- prediction is impossible- but I can say the Saint deserves a lot of gauge watching. Tomorrow could be great.

BTW- as I came to double drop there was a bald eagle sitting on the rock right by the river on the right. I approached very slowly along the river left and ended up at the top of the rapid, only a rapid width away from him. We both stayed still and observing each other for at least 10 minutes. Just one of those extraordinary  moments I guess.

Coming into Ironton low clouds were filtering thru the mountains….so beautiful and instilling in me the feeling that I was coming back to the shire.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by McChuck. Reason: If we truly are given sparks of madness at various times, we must always make sure to explore them to their full potential.- McChuck
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Iron County just issued a flood watch until noon tomorrow.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by McChuck. Reason: There is nothing more permanent than a "temporary" governmental program
      mtlein71
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 104

Hey Chuck, your comment about the Shire makes me feel like Frodo with my first trip

to the Ocoee coming up.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart