Report from the Saint

Home Forums General Discussion Report from the Saint

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Di and I were on the river yesterday (BNG -2″, Roselle 3″, truth 0″.) and noticed a LOT of suds and brown water coming down the river. This is not normal. We are going to start investigating. If any of you are crossing any of the highway 67 bridges in the near future, please take a look.

Di and I (we are the stream keepers) unfortunately can’t really start detective work until next week. Any google map experts out there? Maybe we can see where the brown water starts. Dan Cytron and I caught the septic (yes- dumping raw sewage) by going up river to the source on Wolf Creek. Unfortunately, the river is probably too low to do that now.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by McChuck. Reason: Could we design a lethal virus that JUST attacked pollutors?
      Mike Fitzpatrick
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1

A friend and myself went down on wed morning @ 830.  I noticed the large amount of suds and abnormal brown water.  I ended up a splitting heading and multiple vomiting rounds that evening.  Before I read your post Chuck, I suspected a water borne bug.  I felt better the next day but wonder “what’s in the water.”

jon serfas
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 50

How was it today? Still Sudsy Brown?

Mike Warren
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 21

I have a some experience with this kind of stuff….back when I had a job and was a productive member of society.  I’d contact the EPA Region 7, Science and Technology Center (STC) in Kansas City.  Google it and you’ll get the contact info you need.  The lab director is the person I’d talk to.  Tell them what you’re seeing.  They may be willing to send you sample bottles, but typically samples like this have to be received in their lab within a certain time frame (like 24 – 30 hours).  That might be a problem.  They might just refer you to Missouri’s state lab, but EPA Region 7 could give you the name of a person there.  Good luck and stay upright.

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Thanks Mike, we will follow up with the channels.  It was brown today with lots of suds.

SYOTR

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart