Report from the Saint (42-24)

Home Forums General Discussion Report from the Saint (42-24)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Very strange levels on the saint today. It maxed out at close to a foot over the bridge.  The gauge at Roselle did not record it- I can only guess it was all from local rain mud creek, turkey, lower stouts, and the little feeder streams below 72. I realized in upper entrance that I wasn’t dealing with 30 inches as the gauge recorded.

Also, when I got to the dam- I figured I’d just run the breach. As I rounded the bend I realized I’d made a mistake. The water looked like it was going straight down into a hole (no hump roller coaster). After a thorough chundering it finally let me out. My guess is that all the wood that got cut off the dam ended up in the  tunnel under the dam, clogging it up and causing the spillway to be even higher.

On my second run, 72 down to D,  the water had dropped to bridge level. Di was with me this time and the dam breach was more runnable.

In essence, the gauge was reading 30 inches too low.

Several people are staying the night, and Di and I will be there tomorrow as well. Wild guess is we’ll have an actual level in the 20’s.

Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

Great levels ! A Slackerz dream …. Get on it !!

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Freddie- it would be a great time for you to visit?!?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by McChuck. Reason: I used to drown my sorrows but then they learned how to swim
      jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

Mc chuck I was the same way and about 12 we hit the dam and very runable it was 24 inches when we left at 2pm and it was 28 reading 4.3 on the gauge when we started THE mud creek was shittin and getting it we walked up and looked at it, we Almost went back to get our boats haha not really but man it was gettin it! Just to low when we got there

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart