Report from the Saint

Home Forums General Discussion Report from the Saint

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

It was our honor to give Jerry a ride up on his anniversary day off.

The river is holding at 1″ and there is some precip in the ground waiting to thaw. I think we could have above zero for the races with no more precip. Maybe negative 1″ by Sunday.

The downriver will be very bony but possible. Thoughts went to doing it on upper, which channelizes much better- but the party’s at D bridge.

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by McChuck. Reason: Ignoranus- a person who is both stupid and an asshole
      Kathleen Pszonka
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 111

St Louis Canoe Kayak Club paddling the Little Saint Saturday, Thompson Ford. Will there be enough water? Kathy P

Sarah Watson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 120

Kathy,  the American Whitewater site shows it as below recommended.  It says the Little Saint Gauge should be 4-7 and has it at 3.14.  I don’t know if it’s doable still at this level or not.  I guess you could do the Upper as a back up.

Sarah

Kathleen Pszonka
      Participant

That’s what I thought. I can’t go anyway as I have help getting my trailer repaired

JulieAlsberge
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

It’s doable. Paddled down it Thursday at 0

Kathleen Pszonka
      Participant

Julie, I’m referring to the Little Saint. I’ve paddled the Saint at -3, once they did clinic at -6

Michael Dee
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 138

Hi Kathy,

If the St. Louis Canoe and Kayak club cancels their Saturday paddle, please encourage those who might have paddled to consider judging the races. A few of those intending to go, like Dave H., are veteran judges. But, as you know, we’ll train anyone.

Anyone who might be interested should look for Joe Sartori.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart