report from the low water bridge

Home Forums General Discussion report from the low water bridge

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

the level on Sunday 10/30/2016 was neg. 9 1/2

I hiked earlier in the week with my brother-in-law and his wife (published amateur photographer) We hiked in the trail on river right, it is still there, and only slightly overgrown. Hunters have put up a few new tags. She had two nice cameras with her and got some good shots including one of the platform at cats paw from the far side of the river. Lots of fall color.

My granddaughter watched the weather with me all week. She decide that since it was going to be 80 degrees  and since she didn’t get to go swimming earlier, that it would be a good idea to do that. We had the Silvermines beach to ourselves. Very nice day. Very clear, very cold water!!!

Sunday we did the hike to see the trail improvements. What a huge waste of tax money!!! A few spots, they raised the trail out of the creek bed (high water drainage) and is well done. A short section of trail has some very pretty and very worthless landscaping. They raised the trail abut 5 inches and made it into a very narrow single lane path. 2 small kids could not walk side by side on this section, or 2 hikers pass each other going in different directions without getting off the “pretty” path. The way it is constructed, it will wash out in a big water flood. It will make a mess for campground Jim to clean up, and the remaining rebar will be dangerous for future hikers & trail runners. Since to do these improvements, they had to run a mini excavator though the trail, it would have been money better spent if they would have just put down a heavy layer of 1 inch clean gravel on the wide path they had just made. When our fine government wants to improve a beautiful area, they should ask the people that will use it, or spend some of the money that they wasted and hire someone with a touch of common sense. For the money that they just wasted, they probably could have fixed the water issue. On the same subject, the really good thing they did was put up a trail marker with an arrow on it at the split in the trail that confuses most new hikers.

Sorry about the rant, or not. If someone could send me the address or e-mail of a person that might be in charge of this,  or even care, I would be glad to send a copy to them.

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

You are reiterating what I have already said. Enjoy this trail now before the spring rains. I love it, right now, but I, like Jerry, think it’s going to change.

A good point Jerry about the bobcat- and now that I think about it, it would have been better if they’d just used the same resources and money to make the trail totally brand new and higher up.

If you want to hear the water story- talk to Jim- it’s worse than you think.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by McChuck. Reason: My friends tell me I have an intimacy problem- but they don't know me
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart