report from low water bridge

Home Forums General Discussion report from low water bridge

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 348

I was in the area yesterday (Sunday 1/21/2018) and the water under the low water bridge was unfrozen. Still lots of ice and snow in the always dark areas of the river gorge. All ground in the area was soggy from thawing. This was before the rain. The gage was at neg 14. That doesn’t seem like much, but the last few times I have seen it with unfrozen water, the level wasn’t even touching the gage. There is lots of ice in the large pools that will break free and possibly cause ice dams (ask Freddie). The rain gage states that the whole area received at least 1/2 inch in the early morning hours. I’m not sure when it will come up, or how high it will get, but the moisture has to go somewhere. For us dinosaurs that don’t use Facebook, if there is additional info, or groups going to the saint, could someone please post here? Melted ice is very cold, try to stay warm. Thank you, crazy jerry

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

I’ll post if I see any groups. I’ve checked the online gauge (what feels like 100 times) this morning. It would be a beautiful day on the river if it would come up enough.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart