Rainfall Over Weekend

Home Forums General Discussion Rainfall Over Weekend

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Jerry alerted me to the NOAA weather forecast and I just came from the web site–for Christmas nite and next 2 days- 7-10 inches of rain.
      That could be catastrophic.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by McChuck. Reason: Q-tips! Stop warning us about our ears- that's why we bought them, we are always going to use q-tips to clean our ears!
      Curtis Elwood
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 53

I plan to be down Sunday and expect it to be epic.  If the forecast is right, I suspect very little will be “runnable”.  Creeks will be scary high and the Saint will be raging.  You think we’ll see 18+ feet over D bridge, Chuck?

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

I was wondering if Jim and Doris are thinking they’ll have to move their camper?

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Curtiss- the flood of ’93 (peaked out at 23′ over the bridge- 4 feet over the new bridge) was a 5″ rain over the span of the night. Anything over 5 inches, over 12 hours, is going to be much higher as the river is already up and the ground is soggy-saturated and can’t take any more water.
      DD- Doris and Jim will have to move their trailer. Di and I are going to call them after 8am.
      After the flood of 93 there were a LOT of changes to the river. Decap rock appeared and we lost a good ender hole at big drop. Double drop changed, and the dam lost some rocks.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by McChuck. Reason: Nothing kindles rethinking of every possible questiuonable decision I've made lately than a message - "We have to talk"
      Michael Gordon
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3

Is anyone planning to paddle tomorrow? If so, what? I would love to try some big water, but I need to borrow a few items to stay safe out there… Creekboat, skirt with implosion bar and a wet or drysuit. Thoughts on tomorrow?

Michael Gordon
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3

Or is Monday going to be the better day due to debris? We had some crazy flows recently in the pnw, floodlust.

Benjamin Ford
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5

Is anyone paddling today? I’d be down to try a huge Saint.

Regina Goldkuhl
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 13

I am trying to get on Stouts, but it would be my first time. Missed Chuck and Di – they are already likely having a blast…. might have to negotiate my way out of more family obligations but I’m never around when it’s running!

Regina Goldkuhl
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 13

text/call 314-seven-four-nine-4854

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart