Home Forums General Discussion Race Director needed

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Missouri Whitewater
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 62

From MWA President Aldara Henderson:

Good evening!
      We are desperately looking someone to volunteer as race director. If we want to have the races in 2022, planning MUST begin in the next few weeks. Please contact me if interested in the role.

A little less desperate, but we are also looking for a club secretary and float director.

Volunteering is a great way to get involved with the paddling community and to get to know other paddlers.

If you are interested in possibly filling any of the positions (race director is priority) please email me at president@missouriwhitewater.org

Those who were not at the picnic or do not know me from the river: a brief intro. I have been whitewater kayaking for only a few years. I got involved with the sport after attending a Young Adult Cancer survivor trip, sponsored by First Descents, to learn to whitewater kayak on the Rogue in Oregon. When I came home, I knew I found my sport, and by taking pool classes and the clinic and just paddling on the river, I realized I found my local family. I am married to David (for 20 years), who does not kayak but comes to events for support, and I have 5 children (one at the University of Oregon) and only 1 whitewater kayaks (Jackson is 13 and a really cool dude). I am trying to get my 7 year old involved too (We will be at open pool on Sundays). If we have never met, I do look forward to meeting you, whether at an MWA event, or on the river.

mtlein71
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 104

Have you found anyone for this yet? Having not raced slalom for 2 yrs I am concerned.  Love You All! Happy New Year Whitewater Family!!!

Missouri Whitewater
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 62

Likely a team effort this year.  More info to come.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart