orionids and Mole Day

Home Forums General Discussion orionids and Mole Day

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

If you are out and about and can escape light pollution, the Orionids are this weekend, best viewed after midnight, and look to the east, Friday and Saturday night.

And don’t forget “Mole” day. From 6 am to 6pm, 10-23rd, Monday! (Okay- you have to be pretty nerdy to appreciate this day……)

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by McChuck. Reason: If "ignorance is bliss", then why aren't there more happy people in the world?
      Alan Peterson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 42

As a biologist, I took Mole Day to mean something else. I thought I was supposed to wear a star on my nose all day.

McChuck
      Participant

LOL- so did our HS science teachers????? Maybe 10 to the 23 power noses???? Like I said….”Nerdy”

Didn’t see any Orionids either as it was cloudy….but at least the torrential downpours (0.25 inch) held off until morning. Our Saturday night street dance in Ironton, featuring Red Dwarkus and his Okle City Poker Chips went as planned.(As you probably remember, Red had a blockbuster hit in 1973 when his song “hippy Billy Boy” went to #47 on the CW charts).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by McChuck. Reason: It's only when you really look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realize how often they spontaneously combust.- Harry Hill
      Alan Peterson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 42

I spent the second week of this month at our cabin on Hwy E.  In fifty years, I don’t think I have seen Marble Creek any lower.

Don Dufaux
      Participant
      • Preferred Boat: Kayak
      • Total Posts: 153

As a fan of Mexican cuisine, I also took Mole Day to mean something else…

McChuck
      Participant

I see a NEW holiday coming! Celebrating 10 to the 23rdpower, while eating Mexican food, and watching “Secret Squirrel” cartoons whose sidekick was -“Morocco Mole” Voice of Peter Lorre (Joe Cairo)), and free skin mole clinics…..

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by McChuck.
      Don Dufaux
      Participant
      • Preferred Boat: Kayak
      • Total Posts: 153

And I assume all CIA moles will get the day off work of course.

OK, enough…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart