MWA Spring Whitewater Clinic May 15,16 2021

Home Forums General Discussion MWA Spring Whitewater Clinic May 15,16 2021

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jo Newbold
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 58

Ah, the middle of winter. Time to dream our way into springtime when the Crocuses pop up, the Robins return from the south and our craving for large indoor gatherings wanes into the reality that outdoors is where we needed to be all along. Missouri Whitewater Association’s Annual Whitewater Clinic is right around the corner. Hold the dates: May 15 and 16, 2021

Saturday: Check-in/Registration/Social hour 9 am  at Silvermines Riverside Pavilion

Clinic begins 10 am

Dinner 5 pm at Silvermines Riverside Pavilion

Sunday: Clinic resumes 9:30 am at Millstream Gardens

Wrap-up by 3:30 pm

Registration for this weekend of whitewater fun will open February 1st and close April 1st. Registration will be limited once again this year to allow for social distancing. We may be able to reopen registration after April 1st as the situation unfolds. Go to MissouriWhitewater.org to register under the Instruction tab.

*Covid considerations: It is important each participant wears a mask while on land. Hand sanitizer will be available at the social gatherings. Everyone will be reminded to respect the 6 foot distance between other persons not from the same household.*

Interested in becoming an instructor for MWA? We have a clinic for that also! April 17-21

Tom Burroughs of Ozark Safety and Rescue will be teaching a 40 hour Instructor Trainer class in Farmington on the St. Francis River at Syenite Access. Free camping at Cinco de Mayo Campground fully catered for participants. Please email JoJo at CincoDeMayoCampground at Protonmail.com if you are interested. Participation is limited. Prerequisite.

Ronald Duckworth
      • Total Posts: 14

JO JO

I need to add a extra meal for Sat. my wife has decided to come, how can pay for the extra meal?

Thanks Ron “Duck”   rduckworth99@netscape.net

Jo Newbold
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 58

Hi Everyone.  MWA Spring Clinic is next weekend May 15-16.  We will gather at the Riverside Pavillion at 9am for a 10am meeting.

I am short a few safety boaters!!!  Who can join us for a weekend of fun on the Saint?

Please email me at

CincoDeMayoCampground at protonmail.com

JoJo

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

I thought I had signed up for safety,

hopefully we have water-

please assign me to moving water

crazy jerry

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

clinic people-

Forest Service has installed a new “Campground Host”

This is different than a “campground manager”

Currently, the new campground ‘Host’ is NOT ALLOWED to sell firewood or ice

willowdave
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 11

JoJo did you get much response to your request for more safety boaters. If it looks like you will have enough I may beg off (may have a chance to visit grandson). If you are still short I will be there.

Dave Nanneman

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart