MWA Picnic September 6-8

Home Forums General Discussion MWA Picnic September 6-8

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      jon serfas
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 50

The Picnic is four weeks away! I can smell the flinty pine smell of Dreyland camp, already.

Yes, we are at Dreyland, again this year, thanks to Michael Dee and the nice folks at John Burroughs school. This is either the 9th or 10th year there. Maybe Jim W. can look through the check ledgers to confirm.

As per usual, there will be floating, fishing, BBQ, beer, fire, blue foam mattresses, kids, old farts, laughing, Freddie stories, fresh air, shuttle running, friendship and more fishing. This is a family friendly, FREE event for MWA members. If your not a member, no worries – become one at the picnic.  If you’re new or have never been to an MWA picnic, this is a great time to get to know some new friends, paddle beautiful rivers, and enjoy one of the most scenic private wilderness camps in the Ozarks or anywhere.

Details:

Dreyland Camp has a large assembly hall with electricity, refrigeration and full kitchen.

BBQ is provided Saturday evening for a group meal. Please bring your favorite appetizer, side or dessert to share.

There is plenty of room in 8-10 person bunk houses. They are primitive – no electricity. There are mattresses provided for the bunks.  If you prefer more privacy, there is a lot of room to put up a tent.

Shower house has running water and flush toilets. If someone could bring some TP and paper towels, it is always appreciated.

There is a Group float on Saturday (river tbd that morning), and the Club Meeting after dinner on Saturday. Lots of folks paddle Friday and Sunday, as well.

Dreyland is about 30 minutes south of Salem. If you need directions, please email me at jonserfas@gmail.com.

The Serfas Family will be there Friday afternoon by 1pm, to open the camp.

Hope to see all the familiar faces and a bunch of new ones!

-Jon Serfas

jon serfas
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 50

If you are planning on attending, please post that in this thread so I can start to get a head count.

Thanks,

Jon

Sally Haywood
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 27

Sally Haywood, Ed Stevens, & one tiny, newly well mannered dog (we’ve recently been through intensive dog training). Arriving late Saturday afternoon

Sarah Watson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 120

The Watsons are planning on coming.  2 adults, 3 kids, youngest doesn’t eat much yet 😀

Sarah

John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

2 tansils

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

3 warrens.  Not sure about anti-social dog.

delgado
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 54

The Baldridge Olson team are coming back from Montana early to attend the picnic.

Richard Spener
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 42

Toni and I will attend.  Richard Spener

chris
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 24

I will be there along with Will (7 yr old) and we’ll be sporting a very fine aluminum beater canoe on the Saturday float. If there is a MWA Sash of Shame, I’ll wear it. 😧

We’ll be tenting it.

See folks Friday evening.

-Chris

Kathleen Pszonka
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 113

1 Kathy Pszonka

Louis Becker
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 25

Scott Becker, 1.

markwehking
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 14

Mark Wehking  1

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Di and I

Sarah Watson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 120

I’m sorry for the late notice, but we won’t be able to make it.  Hope everyone has a wonderful time!!

Sarah

kennethsteinkamp
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2

Ken Steinkamp and Judi

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Di had a family emx today (Fri) but we will still try to be there in the AM. Anybody know where they are going to float?

Kathleen Pszonka
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 113

Very nice time, especially floating down the Sinking Creek which was so clear. Hopefully more attend next year. Great BBQ. Thanks John for organizing it.  Kathy P

DianeMchenry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 46

John, Thanks so much for organizing the Picnic!!  It was a beautiful weekend and the food was amazing!!  So good to visit with folks we had not seen in awhile!!  Thanks so much!! SYOTR💜😉👍🏻😁😀😎

John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

Jon Serfas- Thank you so much for organizing the MWA pignic! The food, friends, float (3 F) were awesome! I got sum pitchers but they’ll wind up on Facebook….. thanks again …. you’re the man!

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart