MWA Annual PIcnic

Home Forums General Discussion MWA Annual PIcnic

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Sarah Watson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 120

We are still working out other details, but the dates have been finalized.  The annual meeting, elections, and picnic for club members will be September 11-13 at Dreyland.  We are currently taking nominations (and offers) for the open positions of membership director and president.  Become a board member today – its a great way to meet others and become more involved in the paddling community!  Let me know if you are interested in serving the next term.

Sarah

jon serfas
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 50

Once again, We are fortunate to have the use of the Dreyland Camp, Thanks to our Friends at John Burroughs School!
      For those of you who have attended the Pignic at Dreyland you know the Deal. For those new to this event or location, Dreyland is a Beautiful wilderness camp featuring primitive (no electric) bunkhouses, a showerhouse with flush toilets and a large mess hall lodge with full kitchen and refrigeration. The property has easy access to Sinking Creek, one of the most pristine creeks I’ve seen, a couple of miles above it’s confluence with the Current River. If you need Directions, email me at jonserfas@gmail.com.
      The Weekend Agenda is always fairly loose but here is what we know will occur:
      Friday – I will arrive to open the Camp in the early afternoon. Everyone is on their own as far as meals go Friday. Remember, there is plenty of refrigeration and kitchen space/equipment. What there is not much of is nearby restaurants or markets. Salem is the best bet and it is about 30-40 minutes away.
      Saturday- we will float an as yet undetermined River for an as yet undetermined distance and an undetermined time. This decision is usually made early Saturday morning, so wake me up when it is made! After the float, we will feast. The club will provide the meat, the rest will be pot luck so please bring a large dish to share.
      Sunday- Some folks will float, others will hike, many will head home. If you are unfamiliar with the area and want to extend your trip, ask one of us for a recomendation. There is a lot to do and see in immediate area.

I will update everyone as we get alittle closer. If you plan to attend, please shoot me an email or respond to this post. Hope to see you all there. It’s one of my favorite weekends of the year!

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Looking forward to the MWA Pignic, and love that we’re on the “traditional” weekend after Labor Day.

This is one of our best Member Benefits, and clearly warrants the $15 MWA membership fee ($20 family).

SYATP.

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

bump

Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

I will most assuredly miss the PiGnic !! Especially at Dreyland. Great spot. Dar recuerdos a todo !! Love yuzz ..

jon serfas
      Participant

It’s almost here. My favorite weekend of the year! I hope you all can make it. I have been very busy at work and haven’t had time to put in my normal effort for the Picnic but everything is prepared and we should have a fantastic time. If you need directions, please email me at jonserfas@gmail.com. I have lost an email from someone regarding this, so if you asked for the directions and didn’t get a response, please email me again and I will get you the Coordinates. All you have to do is plug them into Google Maps and it will direct you right there.

Sarah Watson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 120

Thank you, Jon Serfas and Elsa for organizing a fantastic picnic!!!  We had a blast!!  I loved Mo Hick, it was delicious!!  Thank you to Michael Dee for arranging use of Dreyland.  A big congratulations to Frank and Ellen Wentz, our new lifetime members!!!!

Sarah

jon serfas
      Participant

Thanks to everyone that came down for the Picnic. What a great weekend! Current River on Saturday and a smaller float on Sinking Creek Sunday. Those brave souls that took on the shallow shoals of sinking creek were treated to a tour of the new state park on the former camp zoe property. Very impressive! it’s gonna be a peach of a park.

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Thanks Jon, Elsa and Sarah for a great weekend. Our grandkids really had fun.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart