Millstream Honey

Home Forums General Discussion Millstream Honey

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 348

A couple of years ago, I expressed an interest in bees.

With the encouragement of fellow kayaker and beekeeper-Michael Dee, and his advice:

#1 join local beekeeping clubs, attend meetings, get to know people, ask questions

#2 buy a commercial made hive to start- then you can duplicate parts to make more

#3 learn, read, learn, study, repeat

I did this, and then friend and boater JoJo calls me up and says:

“I have a beehive that I don’t have the time to properly care for- if you could move it and take care of it, you can have it.”

Fast forward- I am raising bees on land that is approximately 1 mile from the Millstream put-in. I will have limited amounts of ‘very local’, raw (meaning- unpasteurized and unfiltered)   honey for sale race weekend at the sales table. I will be donating a percentage of sales from this weekend to the MWA for their “swift water rescue course” participate sponsorship. Thank you all for your support and encouragement.

crazy jerry

Michael Dee
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 138

Way to go, Jerry! By the way, is this a free market or are we price-fixing? Can we talk cartel?

crazyjerry
      Participant

Definitely price fixing- at least this week. You produced a lot more honey than I did with a lot less effort.

Besides, don’t you already have a long list of repeat customers? I am just starting, I want to get to your production levels, and get my own long list of repeat customers.

I have had lots of questions, but with no water, I have not had a chance to talk to you much since I got my bees. Hopefully, we get rain, and we can talk bees and honey production.

syotr

crazy jerry

Michael Dee
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 138

You got it Jerry! And you’re welcome to corner the whitewater market! The key to production is managing the spring buildup which isn’t easy if water levels are good and distracting…

George
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 230

Great honey, Jerry. It’s not going to last long at our house!

jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

Jerry I bought a 16 ounce Bottle and I absolutely love it thank you brother glad to see you at the races

crazyjerry
      Participant

Thanks to the sales table for displaying the honey for me. Thanks to all who purchased honey. Thanks to the MWA for helping me-I wish I could have sold more, I could have donated more. I will normally have small amounts with me when I am in the river area.

Thanks again, crazy jerry

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

Weird I posted once and says that I posted, but I don’t see it. I’ll try again.

I bought some honey from Jerry and added it to this recipe. Delicious!

SLOW COOKER HONEY BARBECUE CHICKEN SANDWICHES
      3 boneless skinless chicken breasts

10 ounces of Barbecue Sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)

2oz of Jerry’s Honey

1/2 cup Italian Salad Dressing

1/4 cup brown sugar

2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire. Pour sauce over the chicken and cover with lid. Cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high. Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred using two forks. Return the chicken to the slow cooker to coat with sauce and serve on kaiser rolls.

Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Honey Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart