Just a simple thanks

Home Forums General Discussion Just a simple thanks

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

Just wanted to say a simple thank you to everyone who has paddled with me and given me tips to get me where I’m at. I just started 11/2014 and probably been down the saint already 100 times but Saturday was the best paddle to date. Dusty, Ross, and I took my 13 yr old daughter down the whole lower and she did great! What a rewarding feeling to know I’ve started something that I can do with her the next 40+yrs. She said she’s addicted now and wondering when we can go again so it looks like I’ll have to find new gear that fits her better. 🙂

Sara Wysong
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 67

I’m so happy for you!!! Can’t wait to paddle with her!!!! Good thing Christmas is right around the corner and hopefully plenty of kayak gear will be under the tree for her hint, hint 😉

DaggerDan
      Participant

Thanks Sara! You are correct. I just ordered her a full wetsuit and a drytop today. Just need some boots and pogies and she’ll be set.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/my1994s10/121215_zpsihkyhuyw.png

George and Rhonda Palmer
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 82

She looks happy. You did well Dan, ya’ did well.

Sara Wysong
      Participant

🙂

JohnKuthe…
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 291

Yep, that’s the coolest thing for kids getting into the same extreme spoort theyr parents are into!! They get lots of the best toys! I remember when I boufgt my son Zach Kuthe his dirst drysuit foir Christmas once hear, and we went on the New Year’s Day Saint Float that year, and it was 13 F early that AM, and I was watching the norning news having my first cup of coffee thinking “Would a responsible father be planning on taking their kid out to paddle a whitewater river in this weather?” and of course, because he had the proper training, skills AND clothing/gear!!

And we had an epic New Year”s Day float!! Only had to take out and walk around ice sheets twice on the Millstream run!

Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

I remember Nate Eades first drysuit. Bilbo could not keep him out of the water ! I also was there for his first Saint run. What was he like 5 or 6 ?

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

She’s a cutie. Good for you. My son, Loren, did his first Saint run at 7 years old, and 10 inches….It was then I experienced my first case of butterflys.
      My daughter boated the Saint with me until at about age 14 when I suddenly became radioactive.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by McChuck. Reason: I hear walmart is opening dental centers- will they have express lanes for 12 teeth or less?
      Bilbo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 159

That is great Dan.  My daughter Natalie is the same age, and we are trying to get down as much as we can.  Nate was 5 when he ran the Upper Saint for the first time with Freddie, John Foster and myself.  At 16 he is a pretty solid class 4 boater and still loves it.  Nate did not have a drysuit until he was 12.

JulieAlsberge
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 87

My son is the one who got ME started. We have gone on rivers in N Carolina, W Virginia and Virginia. He has yet to do the Saint. My daughter did her first white water on the Saint last spring. She did very well. It is so awesome to paddle with your kids. So happy for you and your daughter. Thanks for rescuing my boat. Hope to see you at the Saint on Sunday. Will your daughter be there?

DaggerDan
      Participant

Thanks for the cool stories everyone! I’m anxious to get her around other young girls and women since she’s only boated with guys haha She might even have more fun.

You’re welcome Julie, glad to be able to help. I imagine I’ll be there on Sunday but I’m not sure about her. We’ll see how she feels about the temp after church in the heat of the day. I did get her new drytop yesterday in the mail.

Sara Wysong
      Participant

Bring her! She can be part of the Boater Babe club!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart