Happy Play Day!

Home Forums General Discussion Happy Play Day!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Okay, I made this holiday up, but I always celebrate the shortest afternoon of the year (at 40 deg. latitude). From here on out we get MORE afternoon sunlight!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by McChuck. Reason: College of hard knocks: Lesson #16- When is it a good time to compare your wife to another woman? NEVER
      jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Earliest Sunset Day (ESD)?  Shortest Afternoon Day (SAD)?

The Latest Sunrise (LSD) or Shortest Morning (SMD) is around the 3rd of Jan, right?

A good explanation of why

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by jw.
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Seems to be a clear cut case of altitude versus attitude! It puts us on the horns of an analemma  (not anal emma, as spell checker tried to correct me….)

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by McChuck. Reason: Hard Knock College #122: If you truly want a romantic evening- stay away from Brazilian steakhouses
      Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

I will be in America for Christmas. Hope to paddle wiff my homies. Still have a Creeker and a Play boat there. Now if there was just water !?!? Heading out to paddle the Yaque del Norte this morning. Great level, crystal clear water and sky. 81o and water 75o ….. Still waiting for homies to regain their sense of adventure travel !!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart