Daddy's Creek Trip

Home Forums General Discussion Daddy's Creek Trip

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      WillPaddle
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 69

This is the first year since 2015 that I won’t be coaching track and field in the spring.  I am wanting plan an intermediate WW trip to TN.  In 2018 TWRA changed the restrictions on Catoosa WMA in favor of more boater access.  Daddy’s creek has been on my bucket list for a long time.  With the approval of MWA board members??? and hopefully the support of MWA boaters, I am trying to plan a Daddy’s creek trip the weekend of March 28th, 29th.  I will likely take a few days vacation and leave on Wednesday or Thursday and return Monday  (tentative).  I will likely include a Clear creek  (Lily to Nemo). Maybe even hit the Tellico on the way home.  If the water is high there are lots of creeks to run.  If the water is low I will likely still go and paddle the Big South Fork of the Cumberland. The point is I am planning a trip and willing to make it an official MWA trip as long as there are no objections.  IF we have couple advanced boaters join the trip I am sure any intermediate paddler can participate and will have safe and enjoyable time.  Will likely camp somewhere nearby.   You can post your interest on this topic here or email me at wlscherff@sbcglobal.net.  I will try and post something on the MWA facebook page as well.

Will

Michael Dee
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 138

Thanks for the thought, Will! I paddled Clear Creek a long time ago, but I’ve never had the chance to run Daddy’s and have always wanted to. I may be game for this trip–it would require a pretty quick turnaround for me from a rockclimbing trip at Red Rocks that returns the Wednesday that you might be departing. If I can swing it, I’d probably meet you down there. I’d have to book home Sunday night for school on Monday.

oldmanriver
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 92

I have done daddys and lilly to Nemo both are enjoyable . would love to join you however I will be headed to the grand canyon then. Let me know if I can be any help.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart