Creeks Tomorrow

Home Forums General Discussion Creeks Tomorrow

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Matt Bliss
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 33

Dan Bollinger and myself are hoping to run Crane tomorrow around 10ish if there’s enough water. Welcome to join the fun. Stouts, Saint or Lusk Creek in Southern Illinois as a backup plan.

ScottO
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 55

im in. where are you gonna be meeting at?

Matt Bliss
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 33

We were going to figure it out early in morning. I’d say for now 10 @D.

ScottO
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 55

ok ill be there. dan has my number if anything changes. or post here. ill probably plan on camping for the weekend.

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

We decided to head to southern IL to lusk creek Friday. We’ll head to the Saint for the weekend.

Sheldon Dale
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 51

I hope one of you has a GoPro.  I’d love to see some recent video of Lusk at a good level.  It’s a beautiful place.  I took some video of it several years ago, but it is very poor resolution.

Watch for wood.  And watch out for the “Mother of All Strainers” just downstream from the canyon section.  If I remember correctly, there are two rocks the size of small houses in the middle of the creek that collect every log headed downstream.  There used to be a narrow chute on far river right to go through.

Have fun! Be safe! Can’t wait for the trip report and (hopefully) video.

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Crane should be running. I assume you know how to check the JT Gage. While you are in the area- check out Little Rock Creek.

Be careful of wood.

Please report.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by McChuck. Reason: How do porcupines make love????
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart