Crane Pond-a sordid tale

Home Forums General Discussion Crane Pond-a sordid tale

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Just talked to someone fairly high up in the food chain and #1. He was totally disgusted that funds earmarked for this area due to the Asarco and Doe Run settlements, are being diverted to Oregon County. (That means all funds earmarked for Crane Pond are now rescinded)….but it gets better! #2. Apparently the land that the state will now buy for a park has recently been determined by Doe Run Core samples to be extremely rich in ore- lead being the foremost. #3. After the state gets control of this land (along the 11 point river I think) guess who will get mineral rights to this property?????

He even said that Jay Nixon may be appointed as Missouri’s next Parks and Recreation commissioner. (I have tried to research this- but have found nothing).

So, let me get this straight- they were fined for cleanup of our area- but the money will go to buy land far south of us—that they will then mine?……At any rate, Crane Pond looks like it’s history.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by McChuck. Reason: Eyes down round and round let's all sit and watch the moneygoround - Kinks
      Byron
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 24

Well, hoping the land gets bought and used as a park, making it difficult for a mining company to acquire. Sounds like the process is almost as complicated as fixing a pipe at a campground :-0

Alan Peterson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 42

Mcchuck,
      I sent you a PM
      Alan

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart