Certification News: Whitewater Instructor & WFA Courses

Home Forums General Discussion Certification News: Whitewater Instructor & WFA Courses

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Rich Gran
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 11

Certification News

We’re moving forward with Whitewater Instructor and Wilderness First Aid Courses. Details to be announced shortly.

July – If you think there is a chance you wont be able to register for our Wilderness First Aid course this Fall (Details to be announced shortly), you should consider taking the same course Saturday and Sunday, July 22 – 23 in Arkansas at the Buffalo River Steel Creek Education Facility.

Buffalo River Wilderness First Aid (WFA)

Instructor: Tom Burroughs
      This two day course immerses participants in basic wilderness medicine procedures, preparing individuals to take immediate action when an outdoor activity doesn’t go as planned and 911 responders are hours away. Time is split between interactive classroom sessions and hands-on field scenarios to prepare participants and help them quickly develop basic backcountry medical care skills. The course focus is on patient assessment, stabilization and emergency treatment of issues such as hypothermia and snakebites, as well as understanding of when and how to attempt evacuation. Participants will emerge capable of calmly responding to a wide variety of emergency situations. Minimum age requirement for this course is 14. Buffalo River Steel Creek Facility
      2-day course — Sat., July 22, 8 a.m. – Sun., July 23, 5:30 p.m., $175; REGISTER:
      https://www.cognitoforms.com/…/CommunityEducationEnrollInCo…

More Info: Registration, Waiver…
      For questions and expedited service regarding course details, contact Sara Bling at sbing@northark.edu or her office phone: (870) 391-3100

Note: CPR/AED will not be included in Tom’s course on the 22nd-23nd, but you can take an online CPR/AED through All Satr CPR in Bridgeton, MO. Complete the online portion at your pace and then go to the Hands-On CPR assessment to complete the course.
      http://www.allstarcpr.com/…

Camping andother questions:
      Camping will be allowed at the Steele Creek facility. If you have any questions reach out to Rich Gran or Tom Burroughs.

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Rich- would rather take this in Missouri if possible- any idea when? Also- after last recert I don’t think I ever appeared on ACA list of instructors. ?????

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by McChuck. Reason: Star Trek- retired version- "Boldly going nowhere"
      Rich Gran
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 11

Hey Chuck, sorry for my response time lol that’s a new record.  As you prolly know now, we had to cancel the WFA course but we’ll schedule another this winter – before the Spring clinic.  We’ll keep everyone posted.

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

What a shame! We took it about 8 years ago and it turned out to be very important as I saved a life. All instructors should have this knowledge.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by McChuck. Reason: I keep wondering- when does "old enough to know better" kick in?
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart