Brewers Creek

Home Forums General Discussion Brewers Creek

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      George and Rhonda Palmer
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 82

Well, Im sitting here on break just kinda lookin for runs near the house and came across Brewers Creek. Has anyone ran this one? Any photos?

John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

Only 1 known run, about 10-20 years ago, by Chuck, Tim O, myself, and others(?). The Saint was several feet over D bridge. You put in off Hwy 221 after Brewers comes out of Lake Hanna. It’s basically a drainage ditch at this point and you immediately have to portage a barbed wire fence and paddle through people’s back yards. We startled a guy in his yard beside his trailer. He didn’t look happy. The run is very long and the good drops are concentrated in a short section not far from the beginning. After that its just a flooded creek with trees to dodge until you get to the takeout on Hwy MM/MCR537. My opinion …. I did it once but not again …. not enough “bang-for-the-buck” …. too much wasted time when other better creeks are to be had. The highlight (lowlight?) of the trip was finding a Swank magazine at the put-in.
      — JohnT

George and Rhonda Palmer
      Participant

Well hell. Atleast did you keep the magazine?

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

I liked the run- it was fairly challenging, good gradient, and pristine- I think a good portion goes through national forest.but it is probably not a good idea now with even more landowners at the put-in. Probably more barbed wire.

At the end you join Ouichita Creek for a short really nice Cl-III shut-ins that then dumps into the Saint, one mile above Roselle bridge. We use to often just park along the co. road and do the Ouichita section. BTW- the locals pronounce it Wah shee tah.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by McChuck. Reason: No pessimist ever sailed to an uncharted island
      George and Rhonda Palmer
      Participant

Curious. I suppose I will be roadtrippin’ out that way this weekend.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart