boating today?

Home Forums General Discussion boating today?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

I am rained out and want to boat today since I had to miss the weekend.

anyone else? call me (no text) five seven three five one seven 2583

if no response, will probably walk trail

crazy jerry

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

I was just going to make a new thread for today but you beat me to it. Jerry can’t do 3PM but does anyone else want to meet at D at 3pm or later? 573fivesevensix 1511

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by DaggerDan.
      DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

Scratch that, I’m going to try for tomorrow around 530pm if anyone is interested?

badgadjit1
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3

Jerry,  PM me your email address.  I have a few pretty good shots of you at the races.

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

What a good day!!!

I don’t mind boating in the rain, but walking the trail is much more enjoyable in dry weather.

I was at the elevator move, surrounded by at least 2 dozen purple martins(?) doing massive aerial stunts, so I just sat there enjoying the show and  when I looked around, I saw an eagle in the large dead tree on river right at the top of big drop rapid. He was just sitting at the top watching the little bird show. I took my time to boat down to him, and I eddied out right below him. we watched each other for a bit, then he turned back to watch the aerial show. I slowly paddled on down to Cats Paw, and was surfing the glass wave at the beginning of the rapid watching him. With the large white head and height of the tree, he was still visible when I got out at the bottom of the rapid on river right. I switched into the hiking shoes and walked the rr trail up to see how close I could get to him. As I got closer, he switched position so that he could keep an eye on me as I walked closer. When I got to the bluff above big drop, we were only about 30 feet apart and looking eye to eye. I was level with him, but there was a deep gap (not wide, just deep) between us. I leaned against the rocks, and we just stared at each other for probably 5 minutes. Since he didn’t move, I decided to walk on up to the clearing where the trail starts. As I was walking back toward big drop, he flew downstream and out of sight. I walked back to my boat and paddled downstream, enjoying the day. When I got to the bluff at Mudd creek, he was in the big, angled tree that sticks out over the river. He watched me paddle right underneath him, and never flew off. Very, very cool.

Hiking both sides of the river today was interesting. The regular trail is starting to get a little overgrown, but is not bad. Very muddy and slick. most flowers are just past bloom stage. The river right trail is just a little more overgrown, as it gets a lot less use. A lot more flowers in bloom on that side, might be because it receives less sunshine on river right?? less muddy as most is on the rocky bluff. Where it is near the river, it had debris washed up from the recent floods last week. Deer and turkey tracks were everywhere. They use the trail, but not enough to wear it down a lot.

River held at 9 inches all day, heaviest rain was about 4; 30, when I was taking out.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart