Big fun Trips

Home Forums General Discussion Big fun Trips

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      WillPaddle
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 69

Planning an Ocoee trip Father’s Day weekend, June 20th and 21st. The Upper and Middle are running.  If you have the skills come join us.

Also so planning a Lower Gauley trip on Oct 3rd and 4th. Some may run the upper one day but the focus is on the lower.

These are currently non-sponsored trips with no affiliation with MWA.

Chris Kelley rules apply.   That means we meet promptly every morning and leave for the river on time. Any slackers will be left behind.

If your skills are up to the challenge feel free to join us. The Lower G is a small step up from the Upper Ocoee.  Would enjoy paddling with some MWA folks that I haven’t paddled with in a while.

Freddie can you make it? I need someone to chase my boat half way down river if I swim at Tablesaw again.  I still owe you for that one.

Will

• This topic was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by WillPaddle.
      mtlein71
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 104

Hey Will,

I finally got stingy with my vacation days, and resolution not to go back to Connecticut this summer, so I should be good to go on at least the Ocoee trip.  Already looking forward to it.

Thanks for the post!

CT Mike

Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

Will, I will actually be in the US that weekend. I really miss the Ocoee… Have always paddled it at least 10 times per year, at least. Always a great time ! As I have been creeking with all Rafts a lot here, I am a little less impatient with them now! I have 2 boats in the US, but may ship the Red MEGA Rocker here. I am on the fence, as I want a new Flying Squirrel (I think ?) and the thought of shipping an older, used boat here for almost $600, that could start cracking, is making me contemplate shipping a new boat and just laying out more $$$ ….. Either way, I could always rent a boat from the place across from the Gondolier, Rock Creek. I am going to check with Perfesser, and because I am there only 2 weeks to hang with my Mom, I will need to see what her plans for me are. I leave the 24th of June out of Chicago. Lookin forward to my old favorites like Alien, Broken Nose, and Bombing the hell out of the Racecourse ! I will do my best and try and work it out ! Also, True Slackerz don’t really care if they get left behind !! I can catch just about any group on the Ocoee ….. ; > )

WillPaddle
      Participant

So Freddie are you in? I am planning on leaving Thursday after work. I’ll be there Friday, but may not paddle. We are going to head up to Blue hole and do some swimming through the holes. May take the boys on a hike on the middle and scout some new lines . We are planning on running both the Upper and the Middle on Saturday. Probably do a quick middle run on Sunday before we leave.

Will

cindycullen
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 39

Ryan & I are headed east that weekend. We are going to do a late run Fri. on the Middle Ocoee. We have a different river in mind for Sat. We will probably run the Upper & Middle on Sunday and head back to Stl after.

Would love to boat with you Tio 🙂

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

If anyone thats goin wants to make their drive cheaper, ill split the gas if I can tag along.

WillPaddle
      Participant

Anyone else planning on going next weekend.?Dan did you find a travel buddy? I think Ct Mike is going with us. Cindy we might see on the river late Friday.

You our can text me at three-one-four 422- five 406

Will

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

No luck on a carpool for this trip but no big deal since Im hopin to boat with Kelly while on vacation the first week of July

mtlein71
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 104

Was really looking forward to paddling with my Missouri and Illinois buds on the Ocoee this weekend.  Anyone else interested?

CT Mike

WillPaddle
      Participant

It doesn’t sound like anyone is coming this weekend, especially with all the rain that is on the way.  Just in case we are staying at Thunder Rock Campground instead of River Rats.  At least it will be bright and sunny in TN.

Will

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart