Annual MWA Picnic – Sept. 9-11

Home Forums General Discussion Annual MWA Picnic – Sept. 9-11

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      jon serfas
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 50

It’s almost here! My favorite weekend of the year.

The MWA Picnic will be held at the Dreyland Camp, thanks, again to John Burroughs and Michael Dee, the weekend of September 9-11. All MWA members are invited. The Club covers the cost of BBQ and Lodging. Non-Members can pay $15 for the Weekend or join the Club for the same cost. We have a number of newer faces on the River, lately. I  hope to see you all there. This is a great time to get to know each other. It is also very Family Friendly! Lots of kids of all ages.

Dreyland Camp is comfortable but rustic. Bunk houses have mattresses, no heat or electric. Bring Flashlights and Sleeping Bags. Main lodge has electric, refrigeration, full kitchen and dining space. Bath house has flush toilets and showers. Short hike to Sinking Creek. We will float something, at some time, on Saturday. Bring boats and river gear. Canoe rentals are available, nearby.

Saturday night, we will have BBQ from Missouri Hick. Please bring a side dish or two to share. BYOB, but sometimes a keg of good beer shows up.

If you have not been to Dreyland before, please email me for directions or with any questions. jonserfas@gmail.com

See ya at Dreyland!

Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

Mr Serfas, wish I was going to be there ! Missed several years of one of my favorite parties …. Kärlek to Clan Serfas!

jon serfas
      Participant

It’s not the same without you, Freddie. I never hear Monkeys on the Current River, anymore. You musta takin em all with you.

The Pea-Pickin Swedes miss and love you, too!

Rich Gran
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 11

Does anyone have any pictures from last years picnic?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Rich Gran.
      Wahoo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 57

Wahoo is in with my trusty Corgi Dog Lucy

Wahoooooooo!!!!!

markwehking
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 14

I will be there.  Can’t wait to meet Lucy! Having enjoyed her travels on FB

jon serfas
      Participant

Just a few days before the best weekend you have all year! I’ll be there Early Friday Afternoon to open the camp. Please remember to bring a dish to share. I mentioned to JW that we could use TP and Paper Towels, Drinks for the Kids (lemonade, punch, etc.) and bread rolls for the BBQ.  See you all there. If you still need directions, email me at:

jonserfas@gmail.com

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

another great one!  Thanks JON!  & Thanks Dreyland!

McChuck
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 557

Very enjoyable picnic- and the weather was superb.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by McChuck. Reason: I had a cousin addicted to brake fluid- but he claimed he could stop anytime
      jon serfas
      Participant

Thanks to everybody who came to the Picnic! Great weather, great stories. Lots of kids turning into little river rats! Big Thanks to all of you for all the help in clean up and closing down camp with a special mention for Ellen who always takes care of the more unpleasant jobs (bathrooms, etc.).  Love you all! See at Filmy Fest.

P.S. Frank for President!

DianeMchenry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 46

Jon,  The Pig-nic was superb!   Brought my Grandkids and they had a Blast!   Thanks for everything Jon Serfas :)!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by DianeMchenry. Reason: Stooping phone keeps editing my messages!
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart