This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  JulieAlsberge 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

jw

Rumored course is happening.  Ty Tuff will teach with Joe Sartori assisting.

ACA L4 Kayak Instructor Course
    March 23-25th: Simpson Lake, St. Louis MO
    April 13-15th: St. Francis River, Fredericktown MO
    Non Member Cost: $300 + ACA Instructor Dues
    MWA Member Cost: $200 + ACA Dues
    MWA costs will be subsidized based on teaching at annual clinic.

More info & sign up here:  https://missouriwhitewater.org/product/aca-l4-kayak-instructor-course/

McChuck
    Participant

Is this the same course that has been offered in the past? Or is this a more advanced level? Why do we need a more advanced level?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  McChuck. Reason: I'm trying to be independent, but no one will help me

jw

yes.  L4 is Whitewater Kayaking on ACA’s span of kayak instruction.

http://www.americancanoe.org/?Courses_Kayak

River Kayaking

This class is “up to” Level 4, so students can actually qualify as Level 3 or Level 2 Instructors if they don’t qualify as L4.

jw

By the way, the limit on students is 10.  Two down, 8 to go.  sign up quick.

McChuck
    Participant

Still confused. What do most of us instructors have? L3 or L4

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  McChuck. Reason: It has finally reached #1 on my list of all-time greatest inventions of man- the little buzzer in your car telling you that you left your lights on

jw

I think it’s on your card, but I think most of you are L4 – Whitewater Kayak.

You could also log onto your account at ACA & check, I think…  I could be wrong about that (but it would make sense…).

biermjj
    Participant

What time does the Friday class start?  How long on Sunday does the class last?  I am interested but may not be able to make it work for this coming weekend.

Thank you,

John

jw

John –

Just got the schedule (except for this Friday).  But I think this Friday night’s class runs from 5-9; the uncertainty is that Ty is trying to locate a classroom.

Sat-Sun 9am-6pm at Simpson Lake

Fri Apr 13 5-9 pm (at the Saint)

Sat-Sun 9am-6pm

Sarah
      Participant

There is a community center in Valley Park, William Brignole Center.  St Louis Canoe and Kayak club has their meetings there.  I don’t have any contact information, but maybe they’d work with Ty if it’s available.

Sarah

JulieAlsberge
    Participant

I am interested checking with supervisor about getting off.

JulieAlsberge
    Participant

I got denied time off for 2nd weekend of training and weekend of clinic. All I can do is safety boat on Sunday clinic.

JulieAlsberge
    Participant

Good news got a coworker to trade days off. I can attend. Will get registered this afternoon on my break

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.