7:00 pm Race Meeting This Thursday at the Olympia Restaurant?

Home Forums General Discussion 7:00 pm Race Meeting This Thursday at the Olympia Restaurant?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Wahoo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 57

<div>       I have returned from my Mexico City deployment just in time to enjoy the nice cold weather.</div>
      <div></div>
      <div>With race weekend rapidly capproaching, how about those of us who are available get together this Thursday at 7:00 pm at the Olympia to have a preliminary planning meeting.  The <span id=”:33p.3″ class=”J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc” tabindex=”-1″ data-g-spell-status=”2″>MWA</span> meeting will be next Tuesday so I’ll be able to brief the rest of the club on our planning progress to hopefully recruit others to help out.</div>
      <div></div>
      <div>Fortunately this is not a 50th annual event so planning should be much easier.  Has the event date been st already?  If not I would recommend March 24-25 since this will be the first full weekend after the start of daylight savings time.  The other BIG items to be discussed include the race t-shirt design,  Volunteer/racer raffle, and canoe/kayak raffle.</div>
      <div></div>
      <div>Let me know if you will be able to attend.</div>
      <div></div>
      <div>Happy Paddling!!</div>
      <div></div>
      <div><span id=”:33p.5″ class=”J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc” tabindex=”-1″ data-g-spell-status=”2″>Wahoo</span></div>

crazyjerry
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 350

Dave said-

“If not I would recommend March 24-25 since this will be the first full weekend after the start of daylight savings time”

I don’t know about your calendar, but all of my calendars state that daylight savings time begins on March 11, 2018.

I thought that long time tradition was always 3rd weekend of March???

I’m not on race committee, this is just an observation.

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Dave forgot that the Race Committee decided after last year’s race to set the race next year for the 3rd weekend in March, 16-18 March.  Setup on Saturday 10 March (and Friday 16 march).  The campground reservations have already been made, and it’s on our schedule for that weekend.  Tradition upheld.

And yes, daylight savings time starts 11 March in most of the US.  Dave may have been confused by the 4 months he just spent in Mexico City – DST starts on 1 April in that neck of the woods.  🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart