Wilson Creek Paddlin'

Home Forums General Discussion Wilson Creek Paddlin'

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      CJW4D
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 313

Made a break out east this past weekend with Levi and Josh.    Levi and I caught the Watauga with a fair amount of water in it, which made for a fun, pushy day!   The following two days, we spent clowning around on North Carolina’ Wilson Creek.   This is a beautiful granite gorge nestled south of Boone, NC.      With a few miles of roadside whitewater, it really has become one of my favorite runs.

Here is a glimpse! https://youtu.be/aLb086QIf6A

John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

Cool video!  I really like the music too! ….. think I saw some “sleep deprivation” moves 🙂

Levi Rhodes
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 125

JET-

You probably did see some sleep deprivation moves… Chris drove through the night Thursday night.  I woke up at the put in of the Watauga Friday morning at 8 am and Chris had the moped shuttle set and was gearing up to paddle… That dude is a machine.  You need to get your rear on Wilson Creek, my friend (if you haven’t already).

John Tansil
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 206

Levi said “You need to get your rear on Wilson Creek, my friend (if you haven’t already)”

…. SEMO Canoe and Kayak Club was there the day President Reagan was shot.  We went to the store at Brown Mountain Resort and saw the news on TV.

I’ve got some movie footage of us on Wilson. Maybe someday we’ll see it?

jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

JUST AWESOME GUYS! I’d love to go there I might just have to takr the trip! but yeah great recoverys. Good job guys

CJW4D
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 313

Thanks y’all;  looking toward next year I will try to pull together an MWA trip to the Watauga and Wilson;  Think it’d be a great time for all!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart