Wednesday and Thursday Kayak Adventure on the Saint

Home Forums General Discussion Wednesday and Thursday Kayak Adventure on the Saint

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wahoo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 57

I am planning on heading down to the Saint for a late afternoon run down the Saint and will be camping out so I can kayak again on Thursday.  I will be at the put-in tomorrow at 3:30 and am very flexible on Thursday for the gathering time.  I hope to see you on the river.  Send me a text if you are able to join me for a Wednesday/Thursday paddle opportunity, or if you want to camp out as well. My cell # is 575-312-2893.  I just can’t part with my New Mexico area code.  Happy Paddling!!!!!  Wahooooooooo

Eric Roush
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 28

Dave,

I’ve been trying to call you for the last couple hours at both your cell and your work numbers but not reaching you. The river is going back up quickly and I’m taking a half day off. Am running home and getting the play boat (I have the big boat in my car right now) then heading straight to the take out. Hopefully you’ll be there. Will be leaving work at 12:05, driving to the house (about a half hour drive, exchange boats, grab warm water gear), and driving to the river (about 2 hours). Should be at D by about 2:35ish.

Eric

Freddie Carter
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 222

Get wit it Wahoo and Eric ! Miss you boyz ….

Eric Roush
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 28

Miss your wit and your presence around here too Freddie. Was glad I went home and swapped boats yesterday to bring down the play boat rather than my creeker. The gauge reading was just over 32″ as I made the turn onto 72 at Fredericktown but the actual level was bridge level (~45″) when I got to the river at 3:00pm. The play boat was exactly what I needed for playing the upper. Both 360 holes were ripe and fun! And the lower was absolutely fun to run in the play boat too. Got lots of surfs and stern squirts everywhere. What a gem of a day!! Paddled the upper with Dave Kovar, Ken and Tim and did the lower with Dave K and Tracy Newell. When we finally took off the river at a little after 7:00pm the river was at 37.5″.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Eric Roush.
      Wahoo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 57

What an awesome two days of kayaking on the Saint Francis.  It is so great to be back in St. Louis amongst  my kayaking friends!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart