Trained another one to roll :-)

Home Forums General Discussion Trained another one to roll :-)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jacobsviper
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 418

Matt keller recently bought himself a whitewater boat, finally got him out in the water to assist him in learning to roll his kayak. Less then an hour he’s picked it up proud of him learning as quickly as he did! So hopefully he will take what he has learned and practice so the next time we are on the saint or anywhere he will be able to roll instead of having a yard sale hahah!

JohnKuthe…
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 291

Cool!!

Now Matt Kellar, try practicing rolling your kayak in every possible variation, not just from setting up and then flipping. I call it “stupid paddle tricks”. Lay your paddle in the water next to your boat, flip over on the opposite side, find and THEN set up and roll, all kinds of variations like that. Because these are the variations that the river will throw at you! Then try rolling in water too shallow to roll in, which will mean your head and possibly more of your body will find rocks while upside down!! I flipped entering the Z-route of Cat’s Paw once and had to WAIT until I felt I was flushed down into the pool at the bottom to roll up! And I did it because I was VERY well practiced at rolling.

jacobsviper
        Participant

Ok so me and you def need to paddle together! Like for real haha you’ve taught me so much just by writing in this forum and im totally not trying tk be a smart a** im for real! Your like the mystery man!

jw
      • Total Posts: 679

the question is – did he start in your simulator first!

jacobsviper
        Participant

Hahahahah no but he did video me in it! I knew that was going to come about!

JohnKuthe…
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 291

I hardly go boating anymore. Used to rabidly, 10+ years ago. Lived in my minivan Spring of 2003 because the water kept coming up so I’d pack a cooler and stay for a couple of days. All Spring. Ah, I miss those days!

John Kuthe…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart