Today

Home Forums General Discussion Today

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Brendan Larson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 28

Who is headed down for water would love to hit up Pickle with all this rain otherwise open to hitting Stouts and the saint and mud and turkey

Brendan Larson
      Participant

Will be at hawn park around 10 if pickle isn’t running over to the saint by 11

3 1 4 4 8 8 9 2 4 3

Matt Bliss
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 33

I’ll be at the Saint around 2, setting up camp for the weekend. Psyched to run whatever.

Jonathan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 46

I’m hoping for multiple laps on….something…on Saturday.

Brendan Larson
      Participant

Great day running laps on pickle

Perfect level, foot over the bridge

Dean Zeisset
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 27

What are the chances Pickle will be runnable tomorrow 9am?

Curtis Ahlers
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 44

Put on pickle around 6pm, 2 inch at put in bridge, that’s as low as i’d run it.

Brendan Larson
      Participant

Ran it at 1ft, 8 inch, and 6 inch today.  1ft by far was my favorite, then 8 inch….would run as high as 18 in. but not much below 6 inches.

Dean Zeisset
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 27

Thanks for the info.

Dennis Jones
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 45

How was the wood? There were only a handful of us that ran Pickle regularly back before the ice and wind storms filled the creek with downed trees. It is one of my favorite creek runs.

George
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 230

I am curious too about the wood. Ive been wanting to try out Pickle Creek for quite some time now but stayed away because of all the trees.

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

I think Scott said he got video of it so hopefully he’ll edit it soon. I wanted to go yesterday sooo bad but it was one of the few days of the year that I HAD to be at work.

ScottO
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 55

wood wasnt really a factor in the main drops. the beginning and end of the run is mostly flat and some class 2, and is very brushy. has trees growing in the creek as well as lots of low hanging branches and some trees you have to duck under. only one easy portage on the whole run. once you get to the main section where all the action is, theres no issues with wood except one easily avoidable piece on the right side of a slide. the trees at the begining and end are definately worth it for the great action in the middle.

i do have some video. it didnt all come out as good as i hoped, but it should show what it looks like. ill try to get it edited soon.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by ScottO.
      Curtis Ahlers
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 44

ahhhh… There isn’t any more wood on the slide, we roped it out.

Dennis Jones
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 45

Thanks, it was the lead in section before the drops that caused us to stop going. It was choke full of huge trees that completely blocked the stream.

George
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 230

Nice to hear. Excited to see the video.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart