TNR Tuesday Night Ride Returns 17 April

Home Forums General Discussion TNR Tuesday Night Ride Returns 17 April

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jw
      • Total Posts: 679

Still cold today, but beautiful Night for a Ride Tuesday (NRT?)!  Sunny & 64F.

I propose meeting at Heavy Riff in Dogtown with ride start at 6:00 pm.

Standard route from Turtle Park to the Arch & back, about 16 miles on city roads with light traffic.

No diversions needed!  They have finally opened the Arch grounds at Luther Ely Park, from the Old Courthouse straight to the Arch.  So we don’t have to take the ferry route along Memorial, Walnut & the Old Cathedral.

Post yer intent.

New riders always welcome!  We buy first beer for new (MWA member) riders.  IF YOU DOUBT YOUR ABILTY TO RIDE this far, or are worried about riding the streets of St. Louis, this week’s ride has an excellent alternate route!  From Turtle Park, you can do 1, 2 or 3 loops around the Forest Park Bike Path, about 6 miles per loop, at whatever pace you like.  There are minimal road crossings (9 if I remember correctly) – the only things you have to dodge are runners, dog-walkers & other cyclists.  Meet the Arch-loop group back at Heavy Riff afterwards.  A ride leader may be available if needed, although it’s hard to get lost going around the loop.  Remember your bike helmet.  Bike lights front & back are advised, although sunset is at 7:39 pm and we should be back to Heavy Riff by then.  Reflector vests also recommended if you don’t have some day-glo bike gear.  Be visible on the roads!  

TakeAHike
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 170

The Gootches will be in attendance.

CharlesL
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 42

I plan on going!

Cheers, CharlesL

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart