Tim Olson – A Life Cut Much Too Short

Home Forums General Discussion Tim Olson – A Life Cut Much Too Short

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Adam K
      Participant
      • Preferred Boat: Canoe
      • Total Posts: 4

All, it is with great sadness that I must inform you all that Tim Olson’s life ended unexpectedly and suddenly this past Monday.  We all have lost a great person, friend, boater, rescuerer.

Services for my best friend and paddling buddy are listed below:

Saturday 9/23

Visitation – 2pm

Service – 3pm

United Grace Methodist Church

2400 US-50

Lee’s Summit, MO 64063

http://langsfordfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/3163257/Olson-Timothy/index.php

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Grace+United+Methodist+Church/@38.9026981,-94.3250813,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x649e012bbc6a54d8!8m2!3d38.9026981!4d-94.3250813

For those who cannot make the trip the tentative plan is to scatter a portion of his ashes on the St. Francis at a service to be held at a later date.

We’ll all miss you Tim…

Casara Heaton
      • Preferred Boat: Kayak
      • Years Paddling: 15
      • Total Posts: 139

Thank you Adam… Tim was such a kind hearted guy.  So sorry for the loss of a great friend.

I’ve only known Tim a few years, we paddled together on the SE trip a few times and a small handful of times on the Saint. Tim was someone you wanted on the river with you – he was smart, cautious and patient. The last time I saw Tim we were on the Ocoee, having paddled the lower Tellico the day before.

We have sent flowers with a card stating “Friends from the MWA” as we are sure many more of us want to be there tomorrow but cannot.

He will truly be missed on the Saint.

Some pictures of Tim from this year’s SE trip, taken by Kathy P:

bobh
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 34

Adam – so sorry to hear this shocking news. Tim was s great guy to boat with and hang around with afterward. He was the first one I went to when I bruised my ribs in the SE trip this spring, because I knew he’d have my back if needed.
      Unfortunately, I can’t be there tomorrow but please share my condolences with his family.
      Bob Henderson

DaggerDan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 413

That’s horrible. So sorry to hear that.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart