The rumor is true

Home Forums General Discussion The rumor is true

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      John Tansil
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 206

http://www.rapidmedia.com/whitewater/categories/news/5443-confluence-north-america-to-cease-production-of-wave-sport-and-bomber-gear.html

Wave Sport boats will no longer be sold in North America. Bomber Gear will cease production worldwide.

RIP Wave Sport

Bilbo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 159

I remember Greg Brown selling me my first boat, an Extreme, long before I paddled for Pyranha, or Riot, or Eskimo for that matter. Chan was the master, using great plastic and good hull designs. I mourned more when he sold out than I am now. WS and Dagger are more like GM now, and I will just remember boats like the Frankenstein, X, Y, and Z.

andykravetz
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 30

My first boat was a MicroX and I loved the thing. There was a time, back in the day, that many of the MWAers all had Extremes or other Wavesport boats. I remember the Frank, the X, Y and Z. I was only big enough for the Frank and the X and loved them. I remember bumming people’s EZ and having a great time on the Ocoee way back when. And I remember the debate of crosslinked plastic at a time when people were swapping boats nearly every year. Wavesports were always more heavy than others due to that plastic but nearly indestructible.

Bil….bo is right. The death of the company took place a long time ago but still, it’s sad. Many of the gear and the boating companies that were big when I was a newbie or paddling a lot are gone. Perception. Wavesport (now). Rapidstyle, etc.

Amazing to see the rise of the kayaking industry and then nearly meteoric fall. Yes, there are still a lot of boats but it’s nothing like it was back in the mid to late 1990s when Riot, Wavesport, Perception, Dagger, and yes, even Savage, were all competing to make the most insane boat.

Andy in Peori

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart