The Amazon Event – 14 January

Home Forums General Discussion The Amazon Event – 14 January

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jo Newbold
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 58

For those of you who missed out on my announcement at the Christmas Party I would like to tell you about a fun evening at Tiny Bubbles Laundromat’s  Funky Warehouse on South Grand Boulevard.

The “Amazon Event” sponsored by Alpine Shop, RaceOwl, Mississippi River Water Trail Association and Tiny Bubbles Laundromat has been in the planning stage for several months.  Open to paddlers, adventurers, and all of our friends, the Funky Warehouse will host West Hansen of Austin, TX and some of his team who ran the entire 4200 miles of the Amazon River in 2012.  The story is mind boggling and you will want to see it.

Here’s the link for info & tickets:    http://mstwc.org/amazon/

What have your fellow MWA’ers been up to ??  Well, 12 of us made 14 batches of home brew and I must say they turned out great.  From Jim’s Double-Hopped IPA to Frank’s Coffee Stout and Casara’s American Cream Ale, Steve Janney’s IPA, Slim’s Irish stout, Sartori’s I can’t remember beer, and Andy’s American Pale Ale.  Yes, I made a Belgian Tripel but we drank all of that in the process of making more beer.  A necessary casualty.  Hogan made a Kolsch and Ellen made a Toasted Coconut Cream Ale and Mark made an Irish Red.  Andy even donated a keg from Schlafly out of concern we might run out of beer.
      This was just downright fun.  Especially when they ventured off into my basement and came back with some historic items that had been there for many years.  They are on display.  You’ll have to buy tickets to see what they found.

Your ticket includes a free home brew and a bowl of homemade chili. (veggie chili available) and viewing of West’s Peeled Faces on the Amazon documentary.

MORE cups will be for sale…and we will fill them with more beer at no charge!  There will be a silent auction, door prizes and a bake sale…because as good as beer is-it’s better with Joan Twillman’s brownies!  I know you want some NA beverages and Yes, we will have Kombucha, tea, coffee and soda at no charge.

All cup sale revenues go to MWA

All proceeds from ticket sales go to MWA and our local paddling clubs.

All Silent Auction Sales and Bake sale revenues go to Stream Teams United- you know, the volunteers who moniter our rivers to assure clean water.

This is big..and it is only happening once, friends.  Please come. And bring your friends.  Limited space is available-no tickets will be sold day of event, which is January 14, by the way.

Here’s the link again:    http://mstwc.org/amazon/

I am so excited!!!

JoJo

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Jo Newbold.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Jo Newbold.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Casara Heaton.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Casara Heaton.
      • This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by jw.
      Casey House
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 15

I will be traveling from Cape Girardeau on Saturday for this event, however, there is a winter storm warning in effect for Saint Louis with potential for accumulations of ice. If the weather hits, will you cancel/reschedule this event if travel is unsafe? Will there be the option for a refund? (If not, no big deal, I would donate anyway- but just curious)

Thanks,
      Casey

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Shopping Cart